You got your dream home in Nashville (hopefully thanks to one of our agents!), and now you’re all settled in. Nothing left to do, right? Wrong! To keep your home in the best shape, there are things that should be done on a regular basis.
We put together a list of common tasks for homeowners and when they should be done to keep your home in tip top shape.
Monthly Home Maintenance Items:
- Replace your furnace and HVAC filters. You want to make sure your home is clear of dust and potential allergens at all times, especially if you have furry friends.
- Check all safety devices in home including smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers. It is recommended to test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors once a month and replace them every 10 years. For your fire extinguisher, make sure to check the expiration dates and replace them when needed.
- Replace the filters in your fridge as needed to make sure your water and ice dispenser are always as fresh as possible.
- Clean your garbage disposal by using vinegar ice cubes. To make, pour one cup of vinegar into an ice tray and freeze it. Once the ice cubes are formed, place them in the kitchen drain and turn on the garbage disposal.
- Check the kitchen vent hood filter and clean or replace if needed so that your vent can continue to reduce cooking fumes as efficiently as possible!
Check out our popular homes for sale and contact us for any Nashville real estate needs!